Central Pass Issuing Office
TO ACQUAINT WITH COMPUTERIZED ACCESS CONTROLSYSTEM BEING INSTALLED AT MAIN CENTERAL PASS ISSUING OFFICE (CPIO) AND GATES (OUTLETS)
- Initially Central Pass Issuing Office was run under the administrative control of Traffic Department.
- VIDE BR No. 369 dated 11-06-2003, the CPIO was placed under the administrative control of SUPDT. Watch & Ward (Now Port Security Force).
- In 2004, as per the requirement of ISPS Code, Efforts were made to switch over manual basis to Computerized System.
- Board has sanctioned the privatization of CPIO to M/S Teledata Pakistan Vide BR. No. 02 dated 04-08-2004.
- Later, KPT had approved the proposal of M/S Jaffer Brothers vide BR. No. 219 dated 27-06-2007.
- Now, KPT had approved the proposal of M/S Aquatech vide BR. No. 206 dated 14-02-2013 for establishing state of Art (CACS) at KPT. The sole aim of this project was to scrutinized entry into Port and provide security and speedy access to the Port users.
- This project included management, maintenance, up gradation and operations of CPIO with its 11 x outlets and 3 x oil piers for a period of 05 years on Built, Operate and Transfer (BOT) Basis.
FUNCTIONS OF CPIO
- To prevent unauthorized access to Port Facility, Ship berthed at the Port Facility and to restricted area of Port Facility.
- Formulation of policy / SOPs for issuance of 2D Permanent and Casual passes as per S.R.O 12 (KE)/76 & SOPs .
- Issuance of 2D Permanent Cards to bonafide (AUTHENTIC) Port Users and Govt Officials working in Port.
- All entry / exit of vehicles pedestrians, containers in Port area is controlled and recorded through automated system and software.
- All hardware installed on each gate are integrated with local server which is linked to main server located in Central Pass Issuing Office.